Pages

Double Impact - Mong Tung Wan

Here I am again, back from my 2nd trip to Hong Kong.
Whilst trying to adapt to the low German temperatures, I also have to deal with some heavy Dim Sum withdrawal symptoms.

All piffling self-pity aside, I just started to assort some of the pics I took. The first ones, that I want to share are from a secluded beach on the south side of Lantau Island by the name of Mong Tung Wan. Van Damme aficionados should recognise the place immediately. The pier and the abandoned buildings are still there, but there have been some obvious modifications in the course of time. I also sneaked into the disused premises, but couldn't find any similarities to the interior shots of the film.




























6 comments:

  1. That is simply amazing! As a huge Double Impact fan, I've been planning to visit this filming location one day. You really did a good job in finding all the spots. Did you visit any other filming location of the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. that's the only one i've visited...if u want to see more locations from double impact i can recommend the awesome blog of my friend phil: http://hongkongandmacaufilmstuff.blogspot.de/search/label/Double%20Impact

      Delete
  2. By the way, the reason you couldn't find any similarities to the interior shots of the film is because it was shot in a studio in California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've asked stunt coordinator vic armstrong (via twitter), who also had uncredited director duties on double impact and he told me that they shot some scenes inside the buildings...

      Delete
  3. This is AWESOME and a holy grail of locations... A must do

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete