Pages

10 Magnificent Killers - Yu Yuen Mansion

Yu Yuen Mansion's idyllic garden has given way to a parking lot and the building itself hasn't changed favorably either. Garbage and junk give the already run-down former luxury home a sad aura.  


In 1977, it all looked much nicer. Unfortunately, the movie doesn't show the mansion in its full glory, but you can tell that it was a very upscale property. Nowadays, the building is a popular pilgrimage site for urban explorers and photographers. With all this decay, it is of course all the more beautiful that the fountain in front of the villa is so well preserved.

3 comments:

  1. Andi - nice one, you have just inadvertently identified a location I had been looking for for several years ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice Phil, I already thought that the mansion has probably been used as a filming location several times. I'm looking forward to your post !!! I hope you and your family are fine and healthy, when the whole madness is over at some point I want to come back to HK. I'm slowly running out of location photos :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Andi - it was a very brief establishing shot for Les Passions de la Fruits but had me scratching my head. I wish I could go back to HK too, I'm currently stuck in the UK because HK has banned UK entrants for the time being. I could go home, but would have to spend 3 weeks in a third country first...coupled with a further 3 weeks hotel quarantine in HK as well it means it would be 6 weeks before I could see my family arrgh!!

      Delete